Monday, September 11, 2006

Where were You when the world stopped turning


5:35 PM, Monday, September 11, 2006 ..

It has been 5 yrs since life changed..
When life became totally different for every American...When life was defined by a single act of terrorism that changed the course of history...When homeland security is the one major focus....
Like generations before me there is always that ONE instance that sticks out for a generation...
For my grandmother it was Pearl Harbor, my mom the assaination Of JFK..for me it was the OKC bombing..for MJ it is 9/11...Actually for all of us..not just Americans but for every living and breathing human, 9/11/01 is the definitive of time...

"Before 9/11 and After 9/11"

I really can't remember before 9/11/01 almost like I really can't seem to remember my New Orleans before Katrina '05, or my life before the birth of my son in '95...everything seems to be defined by Sept 2001....
The pain is still here deep in my heart. The pain for New York, my country, the first responders, & for myself was and still is forever present. I remember watching the tv and wondering what the hell is going on. A plane hit the Twin Towers...OMG how awful. By the time I got home from taking MJ to school, it looked like the world was coming to an end. I called my Mom, "What the hell is going on?"..She was crying and watching the samething I was..We had no idea!~The world wasn't coming to an end but terrorist were trying to take out our eastern seaboard, our military our goverment and using VERY innocent lives...I rushed to MJ's school and to get him. I brought him home to be safely w/ me. I stayed glued to the tv for hr.s. "What was happening and why?" As the events unfolded thru the day, 4 plans would come out of the sky. 2 in the WTC, 1 in the Pentagon, and 1 in a field in Pa. I cried, and Cried and CRIED....the pain was so overwhelming,who could be so krewl? and why?
The pain of watching this go on day after day for what seemed weeks and probably was, the pain was so overpowering the tears never seemed to stop flowing and the tv never stopped showing the images. The whole world was watching in horror as we grieved our loved ones, our city of New York, & our country. And they inturn grieved along w/ us... OMG how will be get thru this ~ the pain~ the sorrow~ the lost lives..Its a nightmare.Oh God help us all...
That was 5 yrs ago. Time has passed and people have moved on, the world has moved on, but the pain I felt~ we all felt that day, is still with me(us).
We can "NEVER FORGET" we "MUST NEVER FORGET" those innocent lives lost and the Hero's that 9/11 made out of so many alive and departed...



No comments:

Post a Comment