Saturday, July 20, 2013

Something to Ponder

By my Friend Gerri Merida.....a Nurse and mom

I believe I'm turning into a grumpy old woman. Seems the older I get, the less tolerant I am to ignorance and bullshit. I realize that every generation believes that the next one has it better than the one before, and doesn't appreciate that fact. I absolutely DO feel perfectly comfortable with a lot of new thoughts on many current social issues, many of which the generation before me (including my own parents whom I totally love and admire) don't agree with, but I just feel so disillusioned with the direction of other society trends. When did so many decide that society and the government are responsible for taking care of them? When, and why, do so many think that they don't have to follow the same standards as the rest of society? Where are we headed? Why do so many only consider themselves? ? I don't feel like I am the only one in this world, and nobody owes me anything. I don't believe my single minded thoughts are above everyone else's. I believe I am part of a family that includes multiple generations, part of a local community, part of a valuable community, state, and nation. AND above all, I am grateful to have been born in this country. My grumpy, aging self wonders. ..if so many are unhappy here in the U.S. why don't they move to another country? Perhaps people would stop complaining and truly appreciate what we have here. We have a great nation - and you just might see it if you look beyond yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment