Monday, June 6, 2011

Strong Willed Women of Our Family~Part I by The New Orleans Redhead on Myspace

I'm really not sure where I get this Head Strong Attitude I have. But then again maybe I do. I won't say attitude, how about "strong willed"! I don't know very much about my heritage except for what I have been told over the years.I do know I am of "English~Irish~Germany & Scotish" decent and somewhere some American Cherokee Indian thrown in there, all of which to me are strong willed people.
The women I came from were all hard working women, family women, compassionate women. Women of Conviction ;of "Attitude". We are New Orleaninas .Most of the women I DO know something about is my Dad's side of the family.I can only go back so far. Like I know my great-great grandmother Anne Dillenkoffer married Fredrick (Franz) Hanning way back in the late 1800's. They had 4 children I believe one of which is my Great-Grandma Carrie~ Caroline.I remember my Big Uncle Freddie- Carrie's Brother but thats another story for another time.
Grandma Carrie died a few months before I was born so I never got to meet her except in my imagination and dreams. What was she "really" like I always wondered? I know she married Charles Meyer and had only one child- my "Nana"~ Emelda Rita Meyer. I know she had my entire layette ready for me before I was even born. And I know she loved her family. She worked hard to raise her daughter. I only know of 2 places she every worked but they are historic in the cities I was raised in. She was a hotel operato,(at "The Fairmont Hotel " in New Orleans-the city under the sea. And at the "Hotel Galvez " in Galveston. You know the Island that was distroyed in the 1900 hurricane season). back in the day when there was such a thing. She loved to dance the night away , have a few beers and wore "White Shoulder" perfume'. And I know I've always loved her....

No comments:

Post a Comment